For the base:
10 large strawberries cut in half
1-2 rhubarb stalk sliced into even pieces
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of maple syrup or honey or date syrup or coconut sugar
For the crumble topping:
70g of oats (gluten free)
10g of ground almonds or hazelnuts
10g of melted coconut oil
2 tsp of cinnamon
2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey or date syrup
1/2 packet of Mani of your choice
1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Place all the strawberries, rhubarb pieces vanilla and cinnamon in an oven proof dish and pour the maple syrup or honey etc. over the top.
3. Stir all the ingredients together to ensure they are all evenly coated and then set aside.
4. Put the oats, ground almonds, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt into a bowl and mix using your fingers or a wooden spoon until all the ingredients have combined.
5. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit.
6. Place the dish into the oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until the crumble is just going golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and serve within 10 minutes.
The Author: Sara Dubler
Sara believes that the key to life is all about balance! She takes part in many fitness activities and sports, her favourite at the minute being CrossFit, which she started in 2017. Sara thinks it is very important to eat healthily and loves cooking up recipes which she shares on her blog www.ahungryblonde.com or through Instagram @_ahungryblonde_.